The Common Application for college application season is able to be previewed here.
For further information, contact the Dallas Chinese School at (972) 907-8288.
For services including individualized educational consultation for the application process (e.g., essays, interview, and career preparation), please visit educational consultant, Dr. Wei at nycwellness.org.
The application is going live on August 1st, but the essay topics have not changed much since last year, and we recommend that you start as soon as possible to give yourself the appropriate amount of time to draft, edit, have others review it for suggestions, and reedit it later after putting it aside for a few weeks.
In 250 to 500 words, students should respond to one of these prompts:
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you.
- Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.
- Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence.
- A range of academic interests, personal perspectives, and life experiences adds much to the educational mix. Given your personal background, describe an experience that illustrates what you would bring to the diversity in a college community or an encounter that demonstrated the importance of diversity to you.
- Topic of your choice.
Check back for further tips on preparing your college application.